Moscow Warns London of “Consequences” Over British-Made Drones Used in Strikes Inside Russia

RksNews
RksNews 3 Min Read
3 Min Read

Russia has warned the United Kingdom that there will be “consequences” after reports confirmed that Ukraine has used British-made drones in attacks against targets inside Russian territory.

Moscow accused London of deliberately pushing the conflict toward further escalation, arguing that Britain’s involvement in the war is taking on an increasingly direct character.

The Russian Embassy in the United Kingdom accused London of acting as a “co-conspirator and co-perpetrator” in attacks against Russia. In a statement, the embassy warned that “London’s actions will inevitably bring consequences for which it will have to answer.”

Russian officials also warned that deeper British involvement in the conflict would carry a higher “price” for London.

Britain rejected Moscow’s accusations while reaffirming its support for Ukraine. A British Ministry of Defence spokesperson said London stands “shoulder to shoulder” with Kyiv and that Russia should have no doubt about the British government’s determination to oppose Russian aggression. The spokesperson added that Britain would continue providing Ukraine with the equipment it needs to defend itself against the Russian invasion.

According to the BBC, the drones were produced by two British companies and have been used by Ukraine in operations inside Russia. The reported targets included military and industrial infrastructure, oil refineries and logistics facilities belonging to Russian online retailer Wildberries.

A military source confirmed the use of British-made drones in the operations and claimed that the economic damage caused by Ukrainian attacks inside Russia has exceeded £35 billion.

Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said drones incorporating British components and configurations had been used in attacks on Russian territory. She also cited a fuel depot in the Rostov region among the reported targets.

Moscow’s warning came amid a new wave of drone attacks. Russian officials said around 620 drones were launched toward the Moscow region overnight, while Russian air defenses claimed to have destroyed more than 180 of them.

According to Russian authorities, an attack the previous night killed nine people and wounded 23 others, including a child.

Meanwhile, Ukraine was reportedly responsible for launching around 822 drones toward Russia on Saturday, with approximately 600 allegedly targeting Moscow. Russian authorities said the attacks killed seven people.

On the same night, Russian strikes on Ukraine killed at least seven people and wounded more than 39 others.

The United Kingdom has continued to expand its military support for Ukraine. In April, the British Ministry of Defence announced a new assistance package that included tens of thousands of drones, including long-range strike systems.

The latest exchange highlights the growing international dimension of drone warfare, as Ukraine increasingly uses long-range unmanned systems against targets deep inside Russia while Moscow continues to warn Western countries that expanded military support for Kyiv could trigger further escalation.